PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, APPLICATIONS
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
We build Basis, Centro's answer to the challenging and convoluted digital advertising landscape. Our engineering teams across North America work closely with product managers, designers, and testers, creating well-crafted solutions to the complex problems of our industry. Our sales team is top notch, and is hitting their targets for rapidly growing our client roster. As an engineering organization, we are aggressively optimizing to reach this scale, while at the same time building industry-leading features that will land even larger clients.
Our software embodies Centro’s guiding principle of providing “Raving Fan” service. We put in extra effort to strike the best balance between simplicity, usability, and scalability. Are you excited by the challenge of collaborative, cross-disciplinary problem solving alongside a group of highly dedicated and passionate engineers? Join Centro’s team and help us build the future of digital advertising.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, product managers, and testers to build great solutions to complex digital advertising problems.
- Work on projects spanning our entire stack, including our React UI, Rails middle-tier, Java services, databases, caches, and external API.
- Participate in a collaborative software development process. Lend and receive feedback on RFCs and pull requests.
- Integrate Centro’s software with external systems. Ad tech is an ecosystem. Centro wins by working with everyone from ad servers, exchanges, DMPs, billing and reconciliation platforms.
- Build and extend Centro’s culture of growth and self-improvement. We expand our skills with lightning talks, lunch and learns, book clubs, and the occasional fun programming exercise.
- 8 years or more of professional software experience.
- Proven history of leading engineering teams, building web applications in a similar technology stack.
- Proven track record of successfully making large-scale changes to existing production applications including data model/database refactoring, performance optimization, and pattern/practice improvements.
- Strong grasp of data modeling, SQL, query optimization, and tuning for read/write performance and scalability.
- Ability to train, mentor, and excite fellow developers on industry trends, best practices, and professional
- AWS, Docker
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
- Rails, Node.js, React, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.