Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
We're looking for a seasoned python engineer who is as passionate about writing
great code as they are about building a great product and team. Working within
the new deposits organization at Avant, you'll be working cross-functionally with
Product, Design, Data, and Compliance to help bring new features to life while
promoting the highest engineering standards to your team.
This Position is Remote Eligible.
What you do at Avant:
- Collaborate with leaders and business stakeholders to develop product features.
- Empowering and managing a team of engineers, including task breakouts and code reviews.
- Ensuring all technical initiatives are appropriately planned, communicated, and executed with the help of product and project management.
- Deliver high quality, performant, and robustly tested code.
- Ensure both the team and technologies continuously improve.
- Taking pride in building reliable and scalable product while working with great colleagues, tools and frameworks
You'll be working with:
- A team with years of experience in the financial services space.
- A modern Kubernetes based infrastructure.
- A consumer focused banking experience backed by industry-renowned investors.
- Streamlined engineering processes allowing you to quickly get set up learning, developing, and helping out with other technologies such as Swift, Kotlin, or
- React if you're looking to expand your engineering horizons.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent work
- 3 years of experience developing Django applications.
- 2 years of people management experience.
- Proficiency in Postgres.
- Familiarity with CI/CD setup, profiling, and tracing.
- You're an owner - you take pride in building a pixel-perfect product.
- You're not afraid to be scrappy, and understand the cost benefit of one approach to a problem vs another to better serve business strategy.
- You measure twice and cut once on your initiatives.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.