Principal Software Engineer - Full Stack at Discover (Chicago, IL)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
We are currently building the next generation eligibility application using the latest technologies and are looking for a senior-level developer with a true passion for modern system development. You will collaborate with product managers and your peers to execute on a broad range of products from feature enhancements to designing and building technical solutions. In addition you will be working with stakeholders to spearhead breakthrough solutions to drive end-to-end automation for repetitive complex processes.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and devops development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Independently innovates on and advocates for best practices within the team, and collaborates on them across the enterprise. Carries a holistic view of all products and their interactions to design complex solutions and plan for how new projects will fit into the larger ecosystem. Solves complex technical problems. Guides team in implementation of solutions from inception to production.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 10 + years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding f object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Skills in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, React JS UI Development and will be equipped with modern CI/CD developer tool kit(STS/IntelliJ, Cloud Development, Github, Jenkins, Trident Pipeline, Nexus, Serenity BDD to name a few).
- Establish a strong partnership with architecture, software engineering/development, quality engineers and DevOps to enabling CI/CD delivery model which is scalable and merit quality.
- Ability to evaluate and select automation, functional and performance engineering tools for different products/components within Action application.
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (Cloud Foundry/AWS
- Relational and non-relational databases e.g. MariaDB, HBase
- Robotic Process Automation
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning.
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Working familiarity of Docker and other containerization technologies providing horizontal scaling such as Kubernetes or Openshift.
#LI-SY1 #REMOTE #BI-REMOTE
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.