Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As part of the Enterprise Architecture organization within Discover, we are building out our capabilities around our next generation Container & Serverless management platform. OpenShift Container Platform (OCP), at its core, leverages Kubernetes for container & functions management. If you are truly passionate about technology and enjoy being part of a highly innovative, collaborative team that leverages cutting edge technologies in the cloud, container & serverless space, then this role is for you! You will get to work with a vast array of technologies including OpernShift/Kubernetes, Docker/CRI-O, & Knative running on public cloud providers such as AWS.
Researches, designs, develops and tests both software and DevOps techniques to accelerate the software development and release processes. In this role, new tools and techniques like Harness, GitOps, and Helm will be explored and analyzed to determine how they can be utilized to provide business value at blazing speeds. A successful candidate will be obsessed with value-add activities and delivering on long term strategies.
- Build out the Artifact Lifecycle Management practices for cloud-native applications.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, proposals or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance to evolve CI/CD practices within the enterprise.
- Develop an innersource practice to achieve constant fixes and improvements to shared artifacts.
- Expand and evangelize Test Driven Development practices for both application development and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to integrate it with new cloud-based services or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Develops or directs software system testing and validation procedures.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Experience with Github
- Experience supporting or developing software leveraging OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- High proficiency in bash or python scripting
- Experience and knowledge in Test Driven Development
- Practical experience supporting the SDLC and respective development tools
- Experience leveraging webhooks and consuming web services as RESTful APIs
- Experience with Sonatype Nexus or JFrog Artifactory.
- Solid understanding of distributed application infrastructure
#LI-MF1 #BI-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.