Principal Software Engineer (ServiceNow) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Come join our team of highly skilled and engaged ServiceNow Engineers as we transform the way Discover works. This role will support the build out of a new internal MyHR portal using ServiceNow. The new HR portal functionalities will include: E-trade integration (401k, ESPP, RSU), federated searches, mobile access, off-network access, employee handbook, HR case management, employee profiles, benefits integration, etc.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Independently innovates on and advocates for best practices within the team, and collaborates on them across the enterprise. Carries a holistic view of all products and their interactions to design complex solutions and plan for how new projects will fit into the larger ecosystem. Solves complex technical problems. Guides team in implementation of solutions from inception to production.
- Utilizing Discover’s Agile Way of Working, develop and configure solutions within ServiceNow in partnership with your Product Owner
- Code business rules, client scripts, UI actions, UI macros, and CMS pages.
- Participate in backlog refinement sessions to ensure we solve the right problems the right way
- Partners with the Product Owner to define a strategic product roadmap for their technology/business domain
- Propose opportunities to solve business problems and for process efficiencies using your knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform
- Actively participate in ServiceNow Engineering Chapter activities and increase the maturity of our Engineering practices
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products in the team’s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; stays up to date with technology trends and innovations; mentors team members
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 6+ Years of ServiceNow Development Experience.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator; Certified Application Developer; Certified Implementer; or other ServiceNow Certifications
- Knowledge of React, Redux, and Java application frameworks.
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.