Principal Software Engineer - Supply Chain Technology at Nordstrom
The team for this role is located in Seattle. If you are already located in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, or Los Angeles, you can work remotely from that location. However, if you are located elsewhere, you must be open to relocating to Seattle once employees return to the office.
Are you passionate about building world class fulfillment experience for millions of customers in a digital transformation journey? We are hiring a Principal Engineer, who is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions. This is a strategic position within the Engineering discipline, providing technical guidance in planning and executing business initiatives, developing new and maintaining existing systems, influencing the direction and technology decisions for discipline/practice.
A day in the life…
- Applies advanced concepts, theories and principles to create multi-disciplinary innovations and solutions for the most complex or risky business situations
- Contributes to development of new principles and concepts
- Collaborates with and influences team, partners, organization and responsible for solutions across multiple teams/organizations
- Provides thought leadership across multiple organizations to ensure that systems and services are designed, and operating to achieve optimal levels of performance, reliability and sustainability
- Ensures security coding practices and security system fundamentals across multiple organizations
- Demonstrates ability to identify important areas to instrument across multiple organizations
- Identifies & interprets KPIs for continuous improvement across multiple organizations
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ professional experience in software engineering building scalable distributed systems
- 5+ years’ experience with design and implementation
- 5+ years’ experience presenting to/working with leadership
- 3+ years' experience with event driven architecture in on-prem or cloud environment
- Proficient with systems built in Java or Golang, SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle), and Non-SQL databases (e.g. Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Knowledge of supply chain or inventory management is a big plus but not required
- Knowledge of optimization theory and/or machine learning is also a big plus
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.