About the Team:
Care solutions lets people find, price, schedule, prepare, recover and pay for care, and rewards them for choosing the appropriate care (medical, medication, dental, vision, behavioral & DME). You will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Architect and build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Write backend code using Scala
- Contribute to frontend code stack in React
- Develop APIs and web microservices
- Integrate third-party APIs, and the ability to understand them in several formats
- Produce and deploy secure code
- You have a background in Scala/Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
- You have unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS EC2)
- You have very good understanding of Java, Kotlin, or other similar languages supplemented by active/working knowledge of reactive programing and architectural components.
- Knowledge of REST/Http, json and backend systems, familiarity with API platforms such as Mashery or Kong
- 3+ years of real industry experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will elevate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to ultimately better deliver our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees and paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.