Principal Software Engineer at Morningstar
About the Role
The team works on the Morningstar Office product which is a key revenue generator for the firm. We are scaling the product and moving it into new markets while continuing to keep existing clients happy with the features they need. We work closely with business product owners at each step of the way, as well as with remote development teams around the world. Our special focus is on improving the architecture, using modern coding best practices, and implementing a mature dev ops environment. We collaborate tightly and follow agile methodologies. We use a modern tool set. We do code reviews on all changes.
We are looking for experienced developers who have dealt with complexity and large code bases, and who have developed strategies for tackling them. Developers who understand how to ship code and can make the correct trade-offs between perfection and delivery.
We value innovation and are looking for team members who introduce new ideas, technologies and practices.
Responsibilities include: Coding, Designing, and Architecting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid programming background (8+ years experience) in C# as well as C++.
- Experience working with large software systems.
- Experience with professional software build, test and deploy practices.
- A strong grounding in SQL and databases.
- Understanding of what makes software supportable, scalable and attractive to users.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- An ownership mindset.
Nice to have
- Experience with .Net.
- Experience with Visual C++.
- Financial Background, especially in portfolio analysis.