Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
At Affinitiv, our engineers are full stack developers that build self-service applications for our customers in the automotive dealership industry. Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Principal Software Engineer will have a demonstrated track record of maintaining production services, innovated thinking, and technical excellence. We work in a fast-paced, agile environment with small to medium, product-focused delivery teams.
- Applies highly advanced technologies, design principles and concepts to a wide variety of technical issues and projects
- Acts as a spokesperson of their engineering team & an advisor to management on R&D programs
- Works to identify improvements in order build high quality products.
- Influences key other team members to achieve long-range technical objectives at critical points in the decision-making process
- Help evaluate technological solutions developing POCs and provides business directions based on facts.
- Design, develop, and deliver scalable microservices and elegant front ends
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability
- Assists with Performance tuning, usability assessment / improvement
- Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team member.
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration
- Develops understanding of the entire business and can contribute to significant inventions, new designs and techniques regarded as noteworthy advances in the internal and external community
- Sets standards for quality and timeliness that anticipate regulatory standards and support strategic goals
- May act as a team lead for larger sub-projects or entire project.
- An undergraduate/graduate degree in computer science/engineering.
- At least 8+ years of relevant work experience as full stack engineer using Microsoft and related technologies.
- Understanding of software engineering practices, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in DevOps culture and leveraging modern agile software methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and planning tools (e.g. JIRA, Azure DevOps)
- Ability to document, track and monitor a problem/issue to a timely resolution
- Collaborative problem-solving ability and self-motivated
- Projects the highest level of integrity while winning through a consultative and embracing personality
- Effective collaboration skills with remote associates from a global standpoint
- Experience within the automotive software industry/technology or ISVs is a plus
- Experience working in remote environment with global teams.
- NET Framework (up to and including 4.72)
- .NET Core (2.2, 3.x)
- C# (ASP.NET, MVC, Web API), TSQL
- NoSQL, RDBMS, Distributed Cache
- Kubernetes/Cloud, Docker, Microservices is plus
- SOLID principles, Object-Oriented Design patterns, modern architecture patterns
- CICD experience (Teamcity, GitLab, Azure DevOps)
- RabbitMQ/NServiceBus is a plus
- Unit testing (NUnit, xUnit)
- Azure experience and/or certification is a plus
- SAFe/Agile certification is a plus
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.