Principal Software Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Directs software programming and development of documentation.
- Consults with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Develops or directs software system testing or validation procedures.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert and provide support and guidance for your peers.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Math, Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Engineering, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering, or related field
- Strong understanding of finance systems a plus
- Experience with implementing cloud solutions for large-scale companies
- Experience with various finance software solutions from Infor, SAP, Oracle and others. Tomcat/Jboss/WebSphere/Weblogic administration
- Unix/Linux administration
- Windows Server administration
- Unix shell scripting
- Windows batch scripting
- 3rd party application integration
- Experience with Autosys job scheduling
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.