GoHealth is looking for a Principal Software Quality Engineer / QA Automation Architect to lead our QA Automation team. This role operates as a technical, hands-on facilitator in the QA Automation and is a strategic participant across inter-dependent software development efforts. This professional is expected to meet current delivery quality standards while increasing the use of automation to drive increased throughput and test coverage efficiencies. Individual will work across multiple project teams composed of developers, project managers, QA Engineers and business owners to help shape the quality of a product and establish the maximum level of automated test coverage, while reducing the time of test cycles.
We strive to make our teams successful by partnering with key stakeholders to understand their use cases and building comprehensive test strategies to meet testing requirements. We work together with all of our quality test engineers, continuously looking to improve on our automation processes and best practices. As a Principal Software Quality Engineer, you will need to understand the various levels of testing from a functional/feature level, data validation, authentication, security and systems integration for both web-based application and mobile devices. The person must be flexible in addressing changing needs of the organization as it evolves and increase in maturity levels of agile while implementing CI/CD practices. The position must support testing in a modern cloud-based environment.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Oversee, lead, and mentor a diverse, globally distributed QA Automation team leads and QA Automation Engineers.
- Collaborate with product Manager, QA Engineers & Developers in designing testable applications
- Create/Assist/Troubleshoot the development of Test Automation Framework, Standards, Procedures, Processes, and Best practices as related to Test Automation
- Manage the Daily/Weekly activities of the Test Automation Team Members and support the onboarding of new team members
- Oversee technical execution of the QA Automation roadmap
- Provide leadership, guidance, training, and mentoring to Test Automation Team Members
- Participate in design and architectural reviews of proposed automation solutions
- Create, execute, and evaluate automated test plans on multiple browsers, operating systems, mobile application and platforms
- Strong programming and technical experience as this role will require digging into code and interfacing with developers and delivery managers
- Participate in peer test reviews, performance testing, and functional testing to ensure product quality
- Define and publish quality metrics related to automation
- Efficient delivery of Healthcare Capabilities via test automation activities
- Promote and support implementation of CI/CT/CD pipeline
- Develop & extend test automation frameworks for UI, Microservices & APIs, Data Quality, security, and performance. Provide analysis, optimization, improvement, and maintenance of test automation frameworks for UI, Microservices & APIs, Data Quality, security, and performance.
- Work with Test Automation Team Members to leverage existing automation assets and develop new ones
- Ensure compliance to automation framework, standards & best practices
- Conduct test design reviews
- Work with Product Management and UX to understand business needs and ensure quality is built in throughout the process
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education or experience
- 10+ years of experience in software testing
- 8+ years test framework development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading Software Quality Automation teams
- 3+ years leading globally distributed teams
- 5+ years of experience writing automated tests in Java or Kotlin.
- Familiarity with healthcare domain optional but desired
- Experience in multi-tiered, complex system design & architecture
- Experience in developing automation scripts and tools used to test all types of testing, including unit, integration, system, functional, non-functional, Data, performance, Mobile, reports, security, and cross browser.
- Experience testing infrastructure and infrastructure as code optional but desired
- Experience working with BDD and BDD tooling
- An intense passion for automation and an automation-first strategy
- Experience defining test methodology, test metrics, and test reporting mechanisms
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and a strong believer in the value of Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, and Continuous Delivery
- AI-powered UI regression testing tools
- Cloud Experience such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experienced with a variety of automated testing tools and strategies
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation, agility, and adaptability are highly prized
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC