Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for leading the design, development, testing, certification and delivery activities for contact & contactless chip technologies, mobile payments and other emerging technology based solutions for card acceptance devices as well as payment devices. Manages areas of development of the product technology such as specifications development including functional features and security features, testing requirements, testing capabilities, certification requirements and certification program design. Manages relationships with vendors such as card & chip manufacturers, test laboratories, test tool providers, and mobile application developers, to enable support for the payment products.
- Manage design and development of new payment technologies for card acceptance devices and payment devices (such as contact & contactless chip, mobile & cloud based payments etc )
- Creates and maintains testing requirements and test procedures for new payment technology based products.
- Develops certification requirements and compliance program new payment technology based products
- Manages participation of development in payment specifications within relevant standardization organizations. Communicates, educates and collaborates with stakeholders about new and updated standards and specifications.
- Critical Manages vendors and external partners to ensure delivery of the best quality services to Discover.
Develop the payment specifications for new technologies such as Secure Remote commerce, AR/VR, QR code and biometric authentication
Ensure security requirements for these specifications are industry standard
Manage and develop, in concert with cross-functional teams, a strategy and framework for testing, validation and/or certification for the new form factors enabling payment capabilities
Work with development teams of device manufacturers to ensure they develop to our specifications
Ensure our specifications leverage relevant industry standards such as FIDO, W3C, Global Platform and EMVCo
Participate in industry standardization efforts for the new technology based payments
Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or Information Technology
- 4 + years Payment Technology R&D or similar
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years Payment Technology R&D or similar
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Masters Engineering or Information Technology
- 6 years of experience in payments technologies, including 2 years of experience preferred in technology used in digital payments including mobile payments and e-commerce.
- Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways
- Knowledge of server based software development , APIs, developing code using Java, JSP, XML, Struts, Spring, Websphere application server, UNIX, HTML and Web Services
- Understanding of relevant industry standards such as Global Platform, FIDO and W3C #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.