Principle Software Engineer 1 at Caterpillar
At Caterpillar, we’re delighted to be making a significant investment in our Salesforce capabilities. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Salesforce Principal Software Engineer. The Software Engineer works as a senior member of Salesforce Solutions Team to maximize the value of the product and defines the work for multiple Scrum Development Teams. The incumbent collaborates with Business Partners, Scrum Masters, System Engineers, Data Architects & Platform Architects to own and progressively elaborate functional and non-functional Epics, Features and Stories for the Development Teams to deliver. The Software Engineer’s primary task is to understand all forced changes requested from internal and external parties, build and execute plans to deliver upgrades across the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud verticals, ensuring everyone knows the priorities of the Product. This position is empowered to make strategic decisions regarding the technical direction and influence how we get there.
Job Related Statistics
- Own and drive all aspects of the product area from broad product vision to ultimate delivery and then customer success.
- Collaborate with other product teams to facilitate solutions with uniform design principles
- Be a trusted advisor on the Salesforce ecosystem for all leadership levels.
- They are accountable for driving the stability of the Salesforce ecosystem, a multi-year, multi-million-dollar digital platform.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for acting as a Principal Software Engineer for larger, more complex projects with high value to the organization
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the stability of the Salesforce Org, bringing business value for the life of the org.
- Communicate forced change priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Owns the acceptance criteria of Digital Platform Epics
- Responsible for elaboration of epics and features to get those to Definition of Ready (DoR)
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and Scrum Masters
- Work closely with key business stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the org owner, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at and accept or reject the delivery of Epics and Features.
- Communicates the releases of Digital Platform to stakeholder and customers
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in software analysis, development and support in a large corporate setting
- 4+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 2+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Demonstrated domain expertise in business applications
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications
- Salesforce Certifications: Administrator, Developer, Architect, Consultant
- Advance knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices with Agile disciplines
- Experience with the following tools: Azure DevOps, AutoRabit, Checkmarx, OwnBackup.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Extensive background in Information Technology
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.