Public Cloud Channel Development Manager Microsoft Azure at Ensono
Ensono is a leading, large-scale provider of hybrid IT serving mid-tier to large enterprise and government clients. The Gartner Group says that "Ensono is one of the top three mainframe services providers and a top ten provider of data center outsourcing services in North America… helping clients transform to a more standardized, and ultimately, cloud-based delivery." Ensono is the 2018 and 2020 Microsoft Azure partner of the year and an Azure Expert MSP, and a top 15 managed services/outsourcing growth company as measured by ISG the last eight quarters in-a-row. Our company and community focus on the philosophy of winning together. The right candidate will have a true partnership with all business pillars as we work as a team to grow.
What you will do:
The Azure Public Cloud Channel Development Manager is part of the Channel & Alliances Partnership Development team responsible for building relationships and seeking and exploring new joint solutions with Technology Partners, Consultants, Value-Added Resellers, etc., and driving deals. This team interacts with our partners to help drive leads and revenue for Ensono and mutual partner success.
The Public Cloud Channel Development Manager is responsible for initiating and supporting Microsoft and Azure Partner development, go-to-market, retention, and business plan attainment to drive sales lead generation with Azure Channel Partners and management of other Azure Partner ecosystem recruitment and development.
Key activities include:
- Establish and maintain relationships with all relevant Microsoft field channel, sales, and vertical teams.
- Work with Partner firms to develop and manage lead pipeline through campaigns, go-to-market strategy & initiatives, product integration, and IT transformation
- Track and report all opportunities generated by partners in SalesForce.com
- Engage in initial opportunity qualification with the partner and Ensono sales team.
- Develop strategy and plans to develop Microsoft as a significant source of highly qualified leads for Ensono managed public cloud offerings
- Develop and execute comprehensive communication plans and presentations to educate Partners on Ensono capabilities and products.
- Map key Ensono executives with relevant Microsoft executives with regularly scheduled touchpoints
- Provide feedback to relevant Ensono product, sales, and functional teams on Partner perceptions, strategy, initiatives, and experiences with Ensono to ensure continuous alignment with cloud partner strategies, programs, and products
- Lead and execute Partner briefings and workshops while coordinating investment in Partner services, products, and conferences
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team
- Collaborate with Ensono Marketing regarding Market Development Funds and joint campaign opportunities.
- Participate in field marketing events with field and channel individuals and teams at Microsoft.
What you will need:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in Channel and Alliances, specifically with Microsoft and Microsoft Azure
- History of Partner development around account management, provider relations, sales, business development, or product management
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Preferable: direct experience working at a Channel or Alliances partner firm in the managed services space or direct experience working at Microsoft.
- Existing working relationships with individual Partner channel professionals within Microsoft
- Relevant experience working in developing business relationships for joint go-to-market success
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of the IaaS, PaaS, and cloud-native application outsourcing industry
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with technical, contractual, and financial issues and written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- An ability to perform research on and assist with executing several time-sensitive projects/deals simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
What will set you apart:
- References from Microsoft Channel and Alliance partner firms
- Understanding of Microsoft partner organization, 2021 partner strategy, and critical 2021 customer initiatives
- Partner or client Industry/vertical experience in Financial Services, Insurance, Public Sector, Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing or Retail
- Experience in IT infrastructure transformation engagements
- Experience with public cloud providers and their channel programs.
- Experience with large enterprise and government partnership programs.
- Mastery of legacy IT such as IBM mainframe and mid-range with linkage to modern platforms like public cloud
- Existing partner and client relationships that will drive robust interaction with the Channels & Alliances community
Travel to various partner sites estimated at 25%.