VacayHome Connect is a distribution and digital marketing platform provider transforming the vacation industry through innovative solutions. The company offers a mosaic of interconnected products and services designed to grow online vacation rental businesses for resorts, professional vacation rental managers, innkeepers, and individual homeowners. The VacayHome Connect team is dedicated to bridging the gap between consumers and vacation rental accommodations.
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
We are seeking a Full-Stack Python Developer to play a key role in creating foundation systems and core features that allow us to power leading global travel companies. Our ideal candidate has experience with or interest in the travel industry and can build a web applications within a Microservices Architecture with dynamic content populated by AJAX requests and made available through AWS. We value creativity, critical reasoning, code quality, and collaboration.
This position offers excellent growth opportunities, competitive salary & incentives, and the possibility to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced environment. Are you almost full-stack but missing a piece of the big picture? As long as you are confident you can learn and embrace a challenge we welcome your application.
- Design, develop, maintain, and improve a core platform by working across the stack
- Handle systems design and implement procedures
- Improve the efficiency of our development process
- Assist in recruiting and growing a team of developers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or ability to develop a full-stack web application
- Focus on readability, maintainability, and scalability when writing code
- Strong familiarity with SQL databases
- Strong familiarity with API design (REST, SOAP, etc.) / integrations
- Strong OOP design principles
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- NoSQL experience-especially Mongo
- Parallel / distributed computing experience
- Containers experience
- Java experience is a plus
- Travel Industry knowledge
- Continuous integration/deployment knowledge
Applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with FHLBC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).