QA Analyst II
Have you ever disassembled something to figure out how it works? When an app crashes, do you try to figure out why it crashed, or see if you can get it to crash again? Are you really good at giving directions to lost strangers?
We’re looking for empathetic, detail-oriented people who are passionate about building excellent products. People who will seek out and destroy software bugs. Every day, SpotHero’s Software Engineers and Product Designers will rely on you to understand our products, execute test plans, and write succinct bug reports. We want someone who's ready to help us push the envelope on new features, and who's ready to teach anyone on our team and learn from anyone on our team. If you’re an active user of SpotHero, we'd love to hear your feedback on the app as well!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Ensure high presentation levels and production quality of content delivered by your team.
- Have proficient understanding of the software test methodologies and procedures in order to ensure testing efficiency and quality.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases for the different systems and integrations using a test management system.
- Create scalable and maintainable automated test scripts.
- Submit, escalate, and track defects found during testing to ensure they are resolved.
- Assist with the investigation and reproduction of issues to assist engineers.
- Provide detailed test reports during and at the end of each development cycle/sprint.
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
- You are an experienced software tester with scripting or test automation knowledge.
- You have at least 2 years of hands on experience with test automation tools - Cucumber, Java, Python, Ruby, Selenium.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves:
- Gatling, JMeter, SoapUI
- Jira, TestRail
- Android Studio, Xcode
What we are offering:
Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.