QA Analyst at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Quality Assurance Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to design, develop, revise, and execute test cases. This individual will implement quality assurance standards working with an experienced, cross-disciplinary team within an Agile SDLC. The QA Analyst will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in software and related mobile websites/applications. Success in this role requires a strong curiosity about software anomalies and a desire to find their root cause. This individual must be flexible, responsive and be able to succeed within an open, collaborative environment.
- Create, maintain and execute test cases and test plans to ensure timely delivery of solutions for the automotive and insurance industry.
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results and perform QA Activities.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Software Developers, and other QA team members.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to the project team.
- Identify, document, track, and resolve quality issues and defects
- Responsible for setting scope and strategy for test plans
- Create traceability matrix and identify test coverage
- Identify and test edge cases that can impact the quality of the software
- Investigate issues referred by the Product Support team
- Identify gaps in user stories or business requirements
- Manage time and comprehend the priority of both assigned and ad-hoc tasks
- Maintain a high quality level for the Software
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing
- Highly capable of testing both backend and UI based applications on web platforms.
- Experience with creating test plans based on the user story and acceptance criteria.
- Experience with developing detailed test cases including negative scenarios and execute test cases.
- Experience with creating/staging data for testing activities.
- SQL experience (select/insert/update, stored procedures, functions, views, etc.)
- Experience in testing web-based/mobile applications
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands on test automation experience with Selenium/Appium, preferred
CCC Information Services employees are part of an inclusive culture that brings together diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our team is defined by our values of: Integrity, Customer-Focus, Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, and Tenacity. Together, we help our clients and each other achieve new goals.
CCC is committed to providing employees with opportunities to advance their careers and skillsets. CCC team members receive access to training and education reimbursement is available.
CCC offers competitive compensation, which may include bonuses and stock options, and generous benefits. Health insurance, PTO, 401K, are just some of the benefits available to team members. CCC’s top priority is the health and safety of our clients and our staff, which is why we have expanded our remote work benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Qualified job candidates will be interviewed by phone and video. Dependent upon role and responsibilities, new hires will be eligible for remote work immediately, with all necessary office equipment provided upon start date.
Each team member plays an important role in the company’s success and each team member has a voice. CCC employee engagement and job satisfaction ratings consistently exceed industry norms – underscoring the value CCC places on its employees.