QA Analyst at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Quality Assurance Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to design, develop, revise, and execute test cases. This individual will implement quality assurance standards working with an experienced, cross-disciplinary team within an Agile SDLC. He/She will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in software and related mobile websites/applications. Success in this role requires a strong curiosity about software anomalies and a desire to find their root cause. This individual must be flexible, responsive and be able to succeed within an open, collaborative environment.
- Act as a team member for designated projects as directed and works with development teams to establish a QA Strategy and test cases, covering both positive and negative scenarios.
- Create, maintain and execute test cases and test plans to ensure timely delivery of solutions for the automotive and insurance industry.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Software Developers, and other QA team members.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to the project team.
- Identify, document, track, and resolve quality issues and defects
- Create traceability matrix and identify test coverage
- Identify and test edge cases that can impact the quality of the software
- Analyze test results and recommend continuous improvements to processes
- Investigate issues referred by the Product Support team
- Identify gaps in user stories or business requirements
- Manage time and comprehend the priority of both assigned and ad-hoc tasks
- Seek out ways to avoid common software-testing problems such as test case duplication, flaky tests, and maintainability
- Maintain a high-quality level for all product deliverables
- Responsible for setting scope and strategy for test plans
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing
- Highly capable of testing both backend and UI based applications on web platforms.
- Experience with creating test plans based on the user story and acceptance criteria.
- Experience with developing detailed test cases including negative scenarios and execute test cases.
- Experience with creating/staging data for testing activities.
- Experience with SQL queries and other database objects (functions, triggers, procedures, etc.)
- Experience in testing web-based/mobile applications
- Experience with API testing tools, such as SoapUI, Postman, JMeter
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands on test automation experience with Selenium/Appium, preferred