QA Automation Engineer - Data Quality, Zoro Tools
In the past seven years, Zoro has progressed from a six-person organization operating out of a 2,000 sq. foot facility and offering fewer than 100,000 products to a 280+ person organization offering more than 2,000,000 unique products in a new 60,000+ sq. foot facility. Imagine what we could do together in the next four years.Job Description:
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to measure, control, monitor and improve the quality of data needed for key business processes.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you love the complexity of data and have expertise in validating its accuracy, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our data and our data processing are correct providing significant value to our business.
- Responsible for developing a Data Quality Program and ensuring high level of data quality for three key areas:
- New Data Warehouse
- New Web-based Operational Systems (didn’t know s/he would be doing this, but I’m ok with it)
- Master Data Domains (e.g. Product, Customer)
- Work with stakeholders to identify quality metrics and automated quality checks for all main processes
- Triage exceptions and work with Data Stewards as appropriate to resolve, or notify upstream system owners resolution required at the source
- Develop operational dashboards and trend reports showing data quality health for all main processes
- Determine processes that require alert notification, implement and support
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a STEM related area, or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years Python experience preferred
- 2+ years SQL experience preferred
- Software and ETL (extract, transform, load) development experience
- Data quality assurance experience
- Data quality automation experience
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.