QA Automation Engineer, Zoro at Zoro
Position: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
Reports to: IT DirectorIn the past eight years, Zoro has progressed from a six-person organization operating out of a 2,000 sq. foot facility and offering fewer than 100,000 products to a 200+ person organization offering more than 2,000,000 unique products in a new 60,000+ sq. foot facility. Imagine what we could do together in the next eight years.Job Description:
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA Automation Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing manual and automated tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA Automation Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will monitor and test all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation programs and/or scripts using Python and/or Robot Framework
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Proven work experience in system testing automation
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Robot Framework/Selenium
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.