QA Automation Engineer at NowPow
Who are we?
NowPow is a women-owned and led technology company that powers communities with the knowledge people need to get well, care for others, and manage with disease. The multi-sided Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform seamlessly integrates with electronic health records to identify patients’ self-care needs, generate highly matched referrals, share referrals with community partners, and track referral status to close the loop on care. By making community resources visible to the people who need them the most, NowPow nurtures healthier, more vibrant communities.
The QA Automation Engineer will work with the engineering team to lead, plan, and help execute our agile testing strategy with our releases. Also, a key responsibility of this role will be transitioning the NowPow team from a manual testing strategy to an automated testing strategy. The successful candidate will be a creative and resourceful self-starter with experience in both test automation and manual testing of SaaS solutions in an Agile Development environment as well as be excited to take on new challenges, be able to plan and implement test strategies at a high level and be ready to jump into the details of the test execution.
Responsibilities:Own and lead NowPow’s test automation strategy:
- Develop a test automation strategy with the Engineering team
- Design, build and maintain a test automation suite
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Build tools to automate and facilitate the regression testing process
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design
- Mentor team in Automation best practices and help to build the team’s automation skill
- Work with the Engineering and Product team to lead, develop, and help execute the test plans for each NowPow release
- Develop Test plans and Test cases for the functional areas to be tested
- Execute test cases during the development sprints and document results
- Provide feedback for improving development processes
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards
- Mentor team in best practices and industry standards
Please note: Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, NowPow has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely at this time. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent, required
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience in a related role
- 2+ years of experience conducting regression, functional, and performance tests in an enterprise software development environment
- C# experience, required
- Experience in test automation and the ability to write and build testing code, required
- Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) preferred
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of superior performance
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly
- Passion to build great software
How to apply: Please submit application and resume via the included link. NowPow is not accepting candidates from recruiting agencies at this time.
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!