QA Engineer I
Is spotting errors and finding flaws something you enjoy doing? Would you like to work in a dynamic and innovative work environment? If you said ‘YES’, check out the details below and apply now.
VelocityEHS Software QA Engineers test functionality that allow all customers (whether internal or external) to do their jobs with ease. They do so by architecting test strategies for validation of functionality based on requirements. We're looking for new or experienced QA professionals to help make sure our web-based solutions are delivered with exceptional quality. In this role, you will have a range of responsibilities which will provide you the opportunity to grow professionally. We have a results-oriented culture that demands teamwork and follow-through.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT AREN'T LIMITED TO:
Key tasks and responsibilities of the QA Engineer include, but aren’t limited to:
- All new product testing, ongoing post release product testing and trouble shooting.
- Conduct quality assurance testing and analysis within a team setting or independently to ensure systems function properly and according to business standards and end-user requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and other documents needed for testing.
- Desire to contribute and become a subject matter expert.
- Provide routine status reports and metrics on assigned projects.
- Report any issues or risks that may impact the delivery of a release.
- Using internal applications for documenting and tracking ongoing product issues.
- Assist in reviewing product documentation for accuracy.
- Assist in creating and maintaining User Guides, Product Help, and Release Notes.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship
- 6 months to 3 years of software testing experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing time effectively.
- Experience working effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Availability to work late on release nights.
- Availability to work on occasional weekends.
- Willing and able to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines and goals.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience learning new software products quickly.
- Experience with MS Office; advanced Excel.
- Enjoys detailed work, where analytical and critical thinking skills are used to identify and/or validate defects.
- Working knowledge of Web testing.
- Working knowledge of Mobile App testing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.