At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
The QA Engineer is an integral role in our Product Development organization. This person will be responsible for contributing to product success through testing, identifying and writing automated test cases, analyzing requirements, creating test plans and tracking issues. He/she will work side by side with developers to contribute on improving overall software quality and providing recommendations for improvement opportunities.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- At ease working at all levels of the organization
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Passionate about automation
- A superior communicator with an affinity for quality
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability and client satisfaction
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
- Demonstrated experience building a test with at least one automated testing framework
- Working knowledge of any .Net programming language (C#, VB, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience testing consumer facing web applications
- Deep knowledge of QA best practices in an agile environment
During the last three months, you would have:
- Worked with Software Engineers and Product Owners to implement quality into new features at all stages of a SDLC
- Crafted plans to test features that help shape how quality is brought in early on in the development process
- Solved complicated testing issues
- Engineered automated testing leveraging internally designed frameworks, with freedom to provide insight and new ideas to those frameworks
- Learn new testing techniques, technologies, or even programming languages
- Diligently hacked software by executing both manual and automated tests with intent to break all the things
- Analyzed new features for potential risks to unrealized business logic shortcomings
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
At Paylocity, our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.