At Braviant, we believe in hiring great talent and offering them the flexibility to achieve great results unbounded by geography. Braviant is offering a fully remote option for anyone out of state who wants to join our team and help us grow or a hybrid option for those who want to join our Chicago office.
Who we are:
Braviant is a leading provider of tech-enabled credit products that combines breakthrough technology and cutting-edge machine learning to transform how people access credit online. Our next-generation approach to lending reduces credit barriers and creates a Path to Prime to help millions of underbanked consumers build credit history, reduce their cost of borrowing, and take control of their personal finances.
Our QA Automation Engineering will be instrumental to Braviant’s success by contributing to the designs and implementations of test automation scripts that ensure the quality release of new features and functionality for Braviant’s online lending platform. A successful QA Automation Engineer will be working collaboratively on a squad of engineers to understand business requirements and software designs to build the corresponding test cases and additions to our automation framework. They will expand upon our Java/Cucumber/Selenium based automation framework to grow our testing capabilities of business requirements through new tools and technologies. This QA Automation Engineer will be working collaboratively with other automation engineers and directly with our QA Automation Architect to ensure the highest quality of Braviant’s features and functionality.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on a squad of engineers to collaboratively understand the business requirements to design and develop a thorough Test Strategy to properly test each requirement.
- Working on a sprint-by-sprint basis with your squad and QA Automation Architect to design, develop, and execute Automated Tests for the business requirements and software designs.
- Building, maintaining, and enhancing Braviant’s comprehensive automation framework used throughout our online lending platform to ensure it is up to date with the latest testing technologies.
- Integrating your automated tests with various pieces of AWS including Codebuild.
- Supporting your fellow QA Automation Engineers throughout our regression testing of multiple, concurrent, complex projects and/or release efforts.
- Working with the QA Architect to measure effectiveness and efficiency of test executions.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience writing automated test suites and test cases.
- Ability to demonstrate strong experience with the following technologies and frameworks: Java, Cucumber, Selenium
- A comprehensive knowledge of software/application test methodologies and best practices
- Strong experience with automated testing frameworks and experience working with QA automation engineers to help them implement testing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Programming, or a related field for
What makes you stand out:
- Strong Experience working in an Agile or Lean Software Development such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, MVC, Architectural Layers, etc.)
- Experience with Git (Github / BitBucket), Jira and Confluence.
- An internal drive to consistently stay up to date on current and next versions of technologies, thinking about how next versions can enhance the functionality of products.
What it's like to work here:
We're more than just great snacks, unique outings, a cool office, or swag. We're about achieving results while having fun along the way. We believe in solving problems together and building on each other’s ideas. Our teams are comprised of smart, curious individuals and we encourage everyone to think like an owner, take initiative and drive their careers. Our broad roles provide tremendous opportunities for individuals to acquire new skills, gain exposure to all areas of the business, and quickly see their impact at Braviant.
Read Full Job Description