RedShelf, now #6 on Crain Chicago's Fast50 is growing at a rapid pace, and we’re expanding our Development team.
Founded in 2012, RedShelf was named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine and awarded the title of 2021 Publishing Software of the Year. RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable for students and increase learning effectiveness through its industry-leading digital platform. Partnering with more than 10,000 publishers and content providers along with more than 1,500 business and educational partners worldwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials via our best-in-class eReader, and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortless distribution of course content and engagement solutions.
The QA Engineer helps deliver the quality and performance of the api integration, accounting, and analytics sides of RedShelf business
Incumbents in this position are experienced, hands-on and self-motivated engineers who work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers and includes leveraging “shift-left” methods to understand complex domains and products. The role will focus on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests by utilizing open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writing automated tests using Java and Python, identifying a clear QA acceptance criteria for development stories, developing test sequences, and training development team members in QA best practices.
- Staying on top of new technologies / tools and always strives to learn / improve skill sets
- Training development team members on testing best practices
- Working with Development teams to enhance and troubleshoot acceptance tests
- Managing defect documentation and tracking, resolution support, and bugfix verification
- Developing and executing pre-release test plans
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- 3+ years of experience working in a quality assurance role in an Agile/Scrum environment
- 2 years of BDD test automation experience with Java or Python
- Experience designing and maintaining automated tests for whitebox and blackbox testing
- 1+ years of experience using Selenium
- Ability to identify relationships between bugs and the underlying code while anticipating potential problems and roadblocks
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- AWS, Docker
- testNG, pytest, Selenium
- RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Application integration experience
- Experience with accounting and back-office systems
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.