QA Engineer at CityBase
Location: Chicago, IL
What we are looking for:
We have an opportunity for a talented, highly adaptive and disciplined Quality Assurance Engineer to join our existing Quality Assurance Team and help us make sure that only the best code sees the light of production. You will work with several development teams to ensure that only the highest standards are followed and implemented in the ever-evolving future of GovTech.
- Handling complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues.
- The creation, preparation, development, and execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Logging, tracking, and verifying resolution of software defects.
- Managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines amid shifting priorities, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Leveraging expert level knowledge and understanding of test plan, test scripts, test procedures, and expected results to contribute to the successful testing of software products.
- Understanding and solving complex testing issues through a demonstrated ability to communicate with the development teams and technology partners.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
- 4+ years of software/application QA testing experience required.
- Extensive experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Have excellent analytical skills with a high level in QA practice creating/maintaining test plans, scripts, executing scripts, and reporting defects.
- Be self-motivating and a quick learner who can adapt to constantly changing requirements and project demands efficiently and effectively.
- Be able to lead analytical thought groups to clarify requirements and understand design, with a focus on desired outcome.
- Be able to engage with the Development Teams on a regular basis.
- Must have a strong eye for detail and be able to deliver results under pressure.
- Be well-versed in all testing methodologies (white vs. black box test work, system vs. functional) and software process methodologies.
- Have a solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with mobile/kiosk testing is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Jira is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Jenkins is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Selenium preferred but not required.
- Experience with Java preferred but not required.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) (currently no match)
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- A multitude of snacks and beverages
CityBase is a government technology company that transforms the way cities connect and do business with constituents. CityBase works with local governments, agencies and utilities to integrate payment functionality, business processes, and communications onto a central, cloud-based platform that consumers can access through the web, mobile, kiosk, or point-of-sale.