The QA Engineer drives customer confidence by assuring the quality of software products by engineering QA efficiencies in practice, through process, and with effective tools/techniques.
Essential Position Functions
Principal Accountability | Quality Assurance
- Works with QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality and provide technical direction
- Adheres to standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in the way we test software.
- Contributes to agile planning by establishing tasks and forecasts for work to be performed.
- Asks the right questions at the right time to reduce the introduction of quality risk.
Principal Accountability | Quality Control
- Writes and executes test cases that probe system limits in terms of function and performance.
- Identifies/resolves software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during implementation.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Considers dependencies in test case design and execution.
- Supports and is accountable for timely releases and adherence to release activities.
Principal Accountability | Test Case Development
- Develop, document, execute and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identifies testable statements contained in requirements and specifications documents and design and implement manual and automated test cases.
- Produces high quality test cases to accept stories.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Apply strong analytical, problem solving, judgment and skill to balance delivery content, quality and timing.
Principal Accountability | Team Member
- Active member of a product team that solves complex challenges and builds working software.
- Works hand-in-hand with Product Owner to break down user stories into small functional slices.
- Maintains an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practices positive interactions - leans on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
- Acts in the interest of the overall team.
- Actively works on broadening or adding a skill.
- Asks for help
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 5-8 years in an agile QA role with experience:
- Writing acceptance criteria/tests
- Identifying, tracking, resolving defects
- Design and execution of test cases
- Managing environments in MS .Net
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Proven track record (5-8 years ) working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive project that requires:
- Clear and timely communication of key information deemed critical to project success
- Managing software risk
- Balancing priorities
- Being highly motivated
- Going above and beyond the requirement of the role
- Articulating technical information to a non-technical audience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.