Love cars, technology and data? So do we. KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 700 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 18,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Our diverse team helps the world's largest automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. Chicago is home to our Data Science hub—where our team of data scientists, analysts, developers and engineers create new products and help power the sale of more than 5.95 million units valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces.
We move quickly, and we're looking for go-getters that are addicted to the thrill of creating new products and features and diving deep into rich data. Sound like you? We’re looking for a QA Engineer to roll up their sleeves and help transform one of the largest, most dynamic industries in the word.
We are searching for a talented Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join our team and help ensure the successful delivery of new products and features. The right candidate is someone who can be handed critical projects, define testing approaches, communicate effectively with team members, and maintain a sense of ownership over the overall quality of our technical products.
In this position, you will create and maintain automated testing frameworks that will cover a wide range of testing types including but not limited to functional, integration, performance, and load testing. You will play an essential role in allowing our applications to grow, scale, and remain highly available. You will work closely with Development and DevOps teams within KAR to ensure high quality and feature-rich applications.
- Lead and collaborate on the development of effective test strategies and their implementation to drive a culture of quality development across the organization
- Build, maintain, and update automated regression test suites for multiple projects with varying business requirements and logic
- Apply quality assurance knowledge to manual and automation test cases to ensure bugs, if they exist, are found
- Communicate any issues as soon as they are found from either manual or automation testing
- 3+ years experience with Java
- 3+ years experience with Selenium WebDriver
- 3+ years experience in building front-end and back-end test suites
- Familiarity with object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Experience with deeply testing applications and reporting reproduction steps clearly
- Experience with driving test strategy and use case creation
- Experience with version control (we use Github)
- Experience with User Acceptance, Regression, Integration, End-to-End, and Functional testing
- Willingness to learn new technologies or languages as time goes on
- Have a developed attention to detail
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem
- Familiarity with CI build tools such as Jenkins or AWS CodePipeline
- Experience with developing test suites from scratch