Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005–now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution to this problem, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn his simple idea into a robust platform and change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of January 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $705 million in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
About the position
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to join our team to help build fast, easy and beautiful tools for thousands of restaurants. As a QA Engineer, you will work directly with the product designers, software engineers, and support engineers in the team to test the product; develop and maintain test cases. You will bring to the team industry best practices around functional, and regression testing and ensure high-quality and high-velocity product launches.
People who do well on this team are self-motivated with a passion for the problems we’re out to solve and how technology can help. We look for individuals with a deep knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and those who are ready to champion our web-based and mobile-first philosophy. Our team is pretty small (almost a dozen engineers and a few designers), and undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
What you will be doing
- You will review functional requirements with the Business/Operational team to ensure completeness and to remove any ambiguity.
- You will collaborate with Business, Operations, Developers and Designers to develop effective testing strategies for the product.
- You will build and maintain the test suites and ensure high-velocity, high-quality production pushes using manual tests.
- You will analyze automated test results and determine if it’s a defect in the product or in the test code.
- You will assist account management and support teams in reproducing customer issues.
- You will manage and track product defects and provide reports to product leads.
- You will adhere to all guidelines around handling PII and PCI data.
- You will adhere to all guidelines around WCAG 2.1 AA for frontend facing applications.
- You will be a generalist who will work on multiple products as needed, whether it is our customer-facing dashboard or guest-facing consumer site.
- You will contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company.
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer. Understand all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production.
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and learns together
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefers to experiment and use data to drive decision making
- Loves making and building things as part of a growing team
- Experience with Selenium (Java) and TestNG would be a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen and nitro coffee on tap
- Sunny office in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.