QA Engineer at Paylocity
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The QA Engineer is an integral role in our Technology organization. This person will be responsible for contributing to product success through testing, identifying and writing automated test cases, analyzing requirements, creating test plans and tracking issues. He/she will work side by side with developers to contribute on improving overall software quality and providing recommendations for improvement opportunities.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
• At ease working at all levels of the organization
• Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly.
• Passionate about automation
• A superior communicator with an affinity for quality
• Unflinching in your desire for production stability and client satisfaction
How we work:
• Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
• Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
• Customers at the center of everything we do
• Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
• Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
• Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What you bring:
• Demonstrated experience building a test with at least one automated testing framework
• Working knowledge of any .Net programming language (C#, VB…)
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Experience testing consumer facing web applications
• Deep knowledge of QA best practices in an agile environment
During the last three months, you would have:
• Worked with Software Engineers and Product Owners to implement quality into new features at all stages of a SDLC
• Crafted plans to test features that help shape how quality is brought in early on in the development process
• Solved complicated testing issues
• Engineered automated testing leveraging internally designed frameworks, with freedom to provide insight and new ideas to those frameworks
• Learn new testing techniques, technologies, or even programming languages
• Diligently hacked software by executing both manual and automated tests with intent to break all the things
• Analyzed new features for potential risks to unrealized business logic shortcomings