At Topstep, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
We’re a small but growing technology team who relies heavily on each member to contribute at each step of the development process, from requirements gathering through to development and feedback. Our team is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager who lives and breathes overall quality of our product, and values team collaboration and empowerment. This role is exciting because you will manage our QA team, collaborate closely with product management, design, and other engineering leadership, and be responsible for the quality assurance and release management of all product development work. The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
[[Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.]]
Excited about this opportunity? Read on, keeping in mind that we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The QA Manager role is an ideal opportunity to lead a talented team within a collaborative department
- The role is a great fit for candidates who have varied experiences to shape the strategic growth of the QA team, including capacity planning, tools, and processes, including our automation testing strategy
- The QA Manager will work very closely with people across all departments, including Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Trader Support, and project-specific strike teams
- This role will be accountable for ensuring the team continually delivers quality solutions. This includes improving quality from the beginning of the process all the way to defect identification, triage, and management post launch.
- The role is a great fit for candidates who not only enjoy growing a team and managing people but also who enjoy the details of quality assurance and executing test plans.
- Working closely with the Engineering Manager, the QA Manager will play a crucial role in implementing a new pod structure in order to continuously deliver on multiple workstreams
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience managing a small team. We believe in the well-being of our team, so capable leaders are essential
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies including platform specific testing, automated testing, and cutting-edge QA best practices and tools
- Previous experience working in a continuous development environment. You should have the ability to apply continuous process improvement and quality assurance methodologies effectively.
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the company. As a small company, we always have a lot going on, and we rely on our teams to have the skills to navigate the best way to accomplish our goals.
- Ability to use discretion and critical thinking. One of our company values is ‘Empowered people yield great results’, so we’re looking for someone who is a critical thinker that is both attentive to detail and mindful of the big picture.
- Smart and approachable. Our entire company will rely on the QA team for aspects of different projects, and we're team players. Establishing a great cross-department rapport is an important aspect of the role
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Work from Anywhere policy, to respond to an ever-changing work climate
- Flexible Schedule Options, including 4-day workweek and half day Friday schedules
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Coming [back] Soon: Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Coming [back] Soon: Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is Topstep the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.