QA Manager at HealthJoy
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. Nearly one third of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
We're looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to be accountable for driving meaningful change across all contact channels to ensure our high quality product delivers Joy to every HealthJoy member. This is a great role for a mission-driven leader who has a strong quality background with exceptional people skills necessary to be an effective influencer to others while rolling out new or improved quality initiatives.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Champion quality and excellence throughout the organization
- Define the vision for QA organization and lead QA organization in executing toward the vision
- Manage members of a growing QA team and provide day to day direction of overall organization vision
- Work with engineering leaders to define best practices, process improvements, and leverage metrics to ensure effectiveness of our quality assurance efforts
- Drive long term strategy, planning, and execution for test automation
- Be an experienced manager who can mentor QA Analysts and QA Automation Engineers, building a top performing QA organization
- Be a hands-on QA specialist and a QA expert for other QA team members to go to.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on testing with 3+ years of experience as a QA manager
- Ability to define QA vision, strategy, and test plans
- Expertise in measuring and managing quality metrics for continual improvement
- Expertise in Agile testing, including continuous regression testing
- Expertise in defining test scenarios and test cases
- Expertise in executing manual and automated test cases
- Thorough understanding and hands on experience in developing, enhancing automation frameworks
- Expertise in Selenium and Java
- Experience in managing distributed teams preferred
- Passion in coaching and empowering a team
- Experience in collaborating with Product team and Stakeholders for requirement validation and UAT
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution + dental and vision
- HSA with annual company contribution
- Stock options
- Pre-Taxed Transit
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Access to the HealthJoy app
- Quarterly volunteer events
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly Instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.