QA Software Engineer in Test at OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Our Digital team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
We are growing and looking for a QA Software Engineer in test located at our beautiful downtown Chicago office. QA Software Engineers on our team contribute to the success of our websites and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- You will work closely with Product Managers to fully understand requirements and create thorough test plans
- Work closely with software engineers to deliver stories in an agile environment
- Review code changes and unit tests and leverage knowledge to focus testing
- Create and maintain automated tests based on story acceptance criteria
- Become the subject matter expert for several areas of our applications
- Test new features across various browsers and devices
Skills and experience you’ll need
We seek at least 1 year of experience testing web applications. We also seek the following:
- Understanding of RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Ability to setup and maintain local testing environments with minimal assistance
- Experience creating actionable bug reports and effectively communicate to development
- Proficient understanding of SQL and writing SQL queries to validate data
- Ability to monitor log files and troubleshoot based on stack traces before escalating
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working with Jenkins and/or CircleCI
- Experience utilizing the Page Object model in automated tests
- Experience working in a startup environment
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.