QA Test Engineer
Job Description Summary
Position Overview: The QA Test Engineer will be responsible for planning & testing of new application software & related mobile websites/applications. He or she will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications as well as oversee the documentation of all testing activity
* Create, maintain and manually execute test plans/cases
* Create, maintain and execute test automation scripts
* Collaborate with software engineering as needed to resolve problems and identify root cause of product defects
* Responsible for setting scope and strategy for test plans
* Proficient in building complex test plans and test scripts
* Ability to review functional specifications and lead QA portion of walkthroughs.
* Create progress reports on projects
* Prepare, execute and review test plans, scripts and all other related project testing documentation
* Create test plan, test strategy and test scripts based on requirements
* Must be a creative thinker when devising test strategies
* Create traceability matrix and identify test coverage
* Contribute to project progress reports and testing metrics* Assist in maintaining project schedules
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
* 5 of last 7 years Quality Assurance experience testing commercial software
* Hands on test automation experience.
* 2 or more years working on an Agile team
* Highly capable of testing GUI based applications on web and mobile platforms
* Experience with various test automation tools used in the industry (Selenium, QTP, Test Complete, RFT, etc.)
* Hands on automation using Python, Behave, Cucumber, etc.
* Experienced with scrum, Kanban, and Lean Principles.
* Working knowledge of cloud based environments, i.e. AWS
* Comfortable navigating and querying relational DBs using SQL
* Experience in planning and executing regression tests
* Insurance or automotive industry experience a plus
* Experience with keyword and data driven test automation
* Experience with defect tracking systems; version control systems; test management systems
* Experience testing web services applications
* Must be able to multi-task
* Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!