Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
QA Tester III (Product: Data InSights)
The QA Tester III is responsible for the testing efforts for Duck Creek’s client engagements. The QA Tester III is responsible for ensuring the quality of system configurations against client requirements by evaluating system behavior, running tests cases, and conducting quality management reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of system configurations against client requirements
- Analyzes new requirements and uses cases to develop test approach and deliverables (test approach & architecture, scenarios, test conditions, test cases, test data, and expected results)
- Develops, maintains and executes automated integration, technical, performance and functional/UI testing scripts using several automation frameworks
- Develops, updates, and maintain testing standards and procedures
- Conducts ad-hoc and exploratory testing
- Develops test coverage approach and maintains test plan in test management tool
- Develops custom tools, utilities or approaches, as required to test the application and features for functional and non-functional requirements
- Evaluates system behavior prior to and during load tests
- Configures environments for optimal throughout for performance testing process
- Reports test-planning and test-execution progress, defect tracking, sprint and release level quality and risk status
- Leads the release management and quality process to validate that solutions meet business requirements
- Conducts root cause analysis, triages and validates fixes
- Perform other related activities and duties as required
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or higher, or foreign equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience, preferably in a technology, insurance, or otherwise related environment
- Experience running both manual and automated test scripts
- Experience in test planning and execution, and User Acceptance Testing definition and execution
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of software development and QA methodologies
- Experience with project/case management and/or defect tracking software
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications a plus
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software a plus
- Travel: 25%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.