Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
- Actively participate in white box test case identification and documentation
- Participate in story review, providing constructive feedback and input on work effort estimation as well as design
- Work with our engineering team and business stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into test cases
- Assist in defining test scope, risks, and schedule
- Work with our SDET team and development team to help create test strategy documents Help to identify test setup and environment needs
- Create and update test cases and documentation
- Execute manual test runs
- Manage test execution
- Execute automated tests and work closely with our SDETs on verifying and reporting on actual results versus expected results.
- Execute manual test cases, according to test plans, in a timely manner.
- Communicate test status
- Communicate daily status of test executions to our feature team, quality team and stakeholders
- Report on and track defects in JIRA
- Escalate issues, blockers, and concerns effectively
- Identify testing gaps and communicate opportunities for Blackbox/Automated testing
What we look for
- 2-3 years of industry experience
- An understanding of functional testing, regression testing, Sanity testing, Agile methodologies and techniques.
- The ability to execute manual test cases and automated test cases, develop test cases based on acceptance criteria, and determine issue priority based on data and business knowledge.
- Experience with Java, Ruby, WebDriver, Postman, and JIRA
Who you are
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- A guide. You’ll provide technical feedback to the team and work with them to strengthen their skills. Use your expertise to foster productive conversations to help team grow.
- An entrepreneur. You’re truly invested in the success of the business.
How we work
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A Few of our perks
- Lunch and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment