Quality Assurance Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
What if you could make a meaningful impact on a global business, all while learning Quality Assurance (QA) from the best in the business? In this role, you can. As a member of our Quality Assurance team, your goal is to ensure that our applications work as they should and meet customers' needs. To accomplish this, you'll join one of our high-performing QA teams. You'll draw on your testing knowledge and creativity to automate test capabilities and design test and maintenance procedures. You'll also tap our existing test frameworks to tackle specific problems. We take a collaborative approach to quality, which means you'll work with experienced developers, managers and business partners across the organization. You'll receive coaching, mentorship, and continuous feedback to help you become an even better technologist and professional.
This will require an understanding of requirements, operating models, business flows and data and then partnering with technical specialists to deliver appropriate solutions. There is an implicit ownership and accountability for the solution working as intended.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented who can handle many different roles such as:
- Test mindset, understanding risk in every step. Test Driven Development oriented, always! Unit test, UAT, E2E tests!
- Test Automation – implement test automation on every opportunity. We are looking for an end to end vision that help us build a world class of integration
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Engineer Discipline
- Knowledgeable on DB tools such as PL/SQL
- Adds value to Agile team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
- Partnering with key stakeholders to identify the solutions that meet their needs
- Defining user stories with Definition of Ready and Definition of Done with Acceptance criteria
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Advising stakeholders on options, risks, and aligning of priorities
- Collaborate cross functionality with infrastructure, support, and other software engineering teams
- Providing direction for testing of new functionality
- Participate in performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
- Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
- Mentors other junior team members
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to write automated tests
- Detailed understanding of common defect and data-management tools
- Advanced knowledge of software lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile, and test automation strategies
- Experience working effectively with teams and stakeholders to develop relationships and achieve common goals
- Proficiency in a business function and some understanding of the broader business context
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.