Quality Assurance Engineer
At VeoRide, we're bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through our dock-less pedal bike, e-bike and e-scooter systems. We also offer fat-tire bikes, cargo bikes and ADA-compliant bikes – making us the only shared mobility provider with this breadth of options. We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation to make the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. Our mission is to offer the best combination of multi-modal sharing technology and seamless customer service, so users can unlock joy in their day. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own solutions. We are headquartered in Chicago, IL, but we are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
Do you enjoy creating services that allow users to live more productive and healthier lives? Do you enjoy creating a high-performance backend system for mobile apps? Are you willing to challenge yourself with complex algorithms? Are you willing to build a service between software and hardware and apply cutting-edge techniques to serve our users? Are you excited about solving some of the most challenging problems in transportation and urban planning? If so, you might be VeoRide’s next Quality Assurance Engineer?
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting system testing and upgrades
- Writing scripts to test functionality including the App and Backend
- Capable of both manual and automated testing
- Software Development experience – Mobile Applications are a plus!
- Partnering with our Customer Service Team & Internal Operations to track & flag bugs
- Testing to debug code prior to mobile app release
- Testing to debug code during regular app upgrades & after new features are added
- Working with the team to show/ build data that indicate the quality of the system. For instance, if we build 500 test cases, and the failure rate is less than 5%, then we can release the app.
- Recognizing cutting-edge industry application developments and sharing them with our software development team
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1 year of experience of solid software development experience
- 1 year of experience of solid experience with Mobile Applications Testing
- Experience or knowledge of App release
- Testing/ Debugging experience
- Able to assist in building robust app release process
- Cooperative and collaborative working style with other individuals and development teams
- Software Development experience is a bonus- but not required
- Passionate about making the world a better place to live and bike
Benefits and Perks
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth technology company
- VeoRide Credits
- Excellent Downtown Chicago Location
- A Commitment to Professional Development and Mentorship