Quality Assurance Engineer at SPINS LLC
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
The SPINS Product and Technology teams include product development for internal and client-facing applications, data operations, data sourcing, master data, data science, custom reporting, design, engineering, data content quality and compliance. The position of Quality Assurance Engineer reports to the Manager of Data & Software Quality.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at SPINS, you will work to create and execute tests scripts for our various data and software products from business requirements, automating as much as possible. Data is the core of our business, so you will be digging deep in the data to make sure it is accurate. You will document and evaluate test results and defects, and work with the engineering team to troubleshoot issues. Collaboration with teammates and across other departments is essential for success in this role.
What You Bring.
While your talent and experience matters most, we have to mention these qualifications matter to us:
- Experience in organizations where data & insights are what we sell to clients
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in technology, statistics, or computer science
- 5+ years professional experience in Quality Assurance.
- Ability to understand both aggregated and disaggregated data with statistical measures
- Competence in tools such as SQL, Unix, Selenium
- Experience with Python
- Collaboration with team members in a dynamic environment
- Creative thinking with a passion for achieving high quality results.
- Effective verbal and written communication with co-workers
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
We’re even more impressed if you bring along your:
- Exposure to XP or other Agile engineering teams
- Experience with the integration of AI and ML models into production operations
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform (or AWS or Azure)
- Experience with automated test frameworks
The SPINS Way
- Direct– We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined– We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate– We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative– We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.