Quality Assurance Manager
SMS Assist is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team!
We are looking for someone who has a firm understanding of the scope of work for each client, the business processes of SMS Assist, and the specialty requirements of their territories, Managers are to ensure successful delivery of services within their assigned team. Managers are responsible for developing and managing their team of Quality Assurance Specialists.
- Manage and Develop Quality Assurance Specialist: This role has direct responsibility for training, development, and management of their Operations Team. This position is responsible for the daily performance of all Quality Assurance Specialists within their group. Managers must monitor and ensure that their teams are in compliance with the guidelines of the SMS Employee Handbook and departmental requirements. This position will collaborate with Quality Assurance Specialist to discuss their business on a regular basis. This includes organizing and conducting regular meetings to ensure efficient operations of their team.
- Internal and External Relationship Building: This position plays a key relationship building role both as an internal liaison between Quality Assurance Specialists and other departments and as a key contact for external customers. Managers will serve as the central point of contact for the client at the district and regional levels. As this central point of contact, Managers are expected to facilitate any necessary information with their Quality Assurance Specialists. Communication should include, but is not limited to, any process, pricing, invoicing, or performance concerns. Managers are also expected to effectively communicate internally with all Departments to deliver, follow up on, and act on feedback accordingly. Managers will be expected to lead quality assurance calibration sessions QA specialists within a variety of Operational Departments to drive consistency and best practices across all lines of the business.
- Technical Expertise: Managers must be an expert in the scope of work for each client within their area and are responsible for their team’s understanding of the scope of work. In addition to a thorough understanding of each scope of work, Managers must fully understand the billing process and be able to educate the Quality Assurance Specialists on the correct billing process. Fully understanding and being able to train others on the company’s systems and processes are essential to this position. Managers must understand and navigate Quality Assurance platforms such as Playvox.
- Customer Reporting: Managers must participate in internal management and customer meetings. They must be able to build a logical argument/case to support analytical findings. This position must be able to present account overviews in both internal and external customer meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop others
- Experience managing performance, instituting performance improvement plans, etc.
- Ability to provide instruction, training and guidance to others
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Comfortable organizing and leading individual and group meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through telephone and email with customers/affiliates
- Enjoys interacting with customers, is open-minded, and not afraid to pick up the phone to work through a problem or opportunity
- Strong Microsoft product skills, very strong Excel skills, and a facility for numbers - understand how to manage a spreadsheet
- Driven by numbers/measures and comfortable in environment with heavy emphasis on customer service and satisfaction metrics
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience- Typically 5 - 7 years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree)
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading individuals and/or small teams
- Previous customer service experience is required
- Experience in a trade is a plus
- Experience in facilities industry is a plus
- Experience with Playvox is a plus
- Professional, relevant examples of solving tough customer issues
- Traits: attention to detail, ability to work under pressure
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full time exempt position