Quality Assurance (QA) Manager at Elevate K-12
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
We are looking for an experienced hands-on leader to improve QA function in US and lead the formal Software Quality Assurance function including off-shore QA team of six QA engineers that will implement the proper policies, practices, and procedures then develop test strategies, test plans, and test cases, execute testing tasks, evaluate and report results and manage testing defects. This role is responsible for all quality aspects throughout the software development lifecycle providing confidence that quality requirements will be fulfilled and will work closely with the developers, infrastructure teams, project managers, business analysts, business users and 3rd parties.
- Take end-to-end Quality Assurance responsibility of the companies SaaS platform.
- Implement a software testing life cycle comprised of three stages (Test Planning, Test Execution, Test Closure) in support of Companies’ SaaS platform, other critical applications, and integrations between them.
- Conducts Test Planning where test plan specifications and test scripts/cases are developed from user requirements and functional specifications.
- After documented evidence of satisfactory unit testing and formal code turnover, oversees and/or conducts Test Execution including Installation Tests, Integration Tests, System Tests and Performance Tests which also include documenting test results and defect reports.
- Closes testing by creating a Test Results Package reflecting all test cases and results and consists of a Testing Summary Report, documentation of expected vs actual test results and a Final Deviation Report.
- Determines when testing can proceed to final User Acceptance Testing and has direct responsibility for coordinating and managing code releases to various environments.
- Develops a Regression Test Library and an approach to use it for testing ongoing changes to Companies SaaS platform.
- Create, execute, and maintain test plans, test cases and validation procedures using a trace-ability matrix to ensure adequate test coverage throughout the development lifecycle.
- Build and lead a highly capable team including managing 3rd party and contracted software QA professionals.
- Establish a software QA strategy that will eventually lead to a transition from manual testing to a more automated approach.
- Utilize objectives, KPIs and Performance Metrics to measure and improve the performance of the Software QA function.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 7+ years in experience in software testing in a formal software development environment
- 2+ years as a testing team lead or manager.
- Advanced knowledge of software testing practices
- Experience with testing SaaS platform desirable
- Experience with automated testing tools desirable
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Effective leadership and project management skills
- Experience with managing offshore teams, external service providers and/or contract testers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative and being self-motivated with strong collaboration, negotiation, and influencing capabilities.
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.