We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from
discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We’re looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to build out automotive quality requirements within the Fast Radius QMS to support IATF 16949:2016 standards and planned certification. This includes, but not limited to, customer quality response management, APQP,
PPAP, FAI, 8D, FMEA, and all related quality requirements in the automotive sector. Please apply if you’d be excited to grow into this role and make it your own, even if you don’t check all the boxes below.
About the Role:
- Manage quality workflow with internal and external suppliers who support Fast Radius automotive customers
- Manage customer APQP, CAPA, PPAP, Gage R&R, SPC, FAI, FMEA, necessary validation work and all automotive quality requirements grounded in IATF 16949.
- Develop the IATF roadmap to certification including milestone tasks and own activities associated with this certification at Fast Radius
- Work with the Director of Quality to incorporate necessary automotive and IATF 16949 specific requirements into the Fast Radius Quality Management System
- Work in customer-specific supplier portals and manage required content
- Act as the technical quality liaison and primary contact between customers, Fast Radius, and any external supply partners
- Work across the Fast Radius organization to accomplish tasks and deliver results
- Assist the Fast Radius Quality group in other project work as needed
- 5-12 years of quality work experience with increasing responsibilities with a Tier 1 automotive supplier and related manufacturing quality engineering
- Quality Engineering experience working with Big Three preferred
- Working hands-on experience with IATF 16949:2016 and a successful independent audit record
- Working knowledge of AIAG and automotive customer requirements
- Quick learner who can successfully deliver on quality tasks and objectives in an autonomous team-based work environment
- Ability to successfully work across the organization, address gaps, and drive for results in a high growth environment
- Inclusive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for problem solving and process development
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description