This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.
Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago's top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: As a Quality Engineer you'll champion quality for our platform and products to provide the best possible ticket purchasing experience for our millions of users. By acquiring an intimate understanding of our products and how our customers, employees, and partners use them, you'll partner cross functionally to apply maximum coverage for our applications.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- Our Quality Engineers are highly collaborative, working closely with engineers, designers, and product owners to develop effective tests and document requirements.
- Work in an agile team using Java, Cucumber, Selenium and Spring (along with many other testing frameworks).
- Leverage automated testing suites, explore edge cases and drive quality with our development teams.
- Partner with senior quality engineers to simplify and modernize our testing tools and techniques to ensure code maximum coverage and constantly improve the ways we test our products.
- Our quality engineers are embedded within delivery teams and use BDD (behavior-driven development) to prevent defects before they are found.
- Execute different types of tests (e.g., exploratory tests, regression tests, UI tests, et al), assist in driving resolution, and develop automated tests with an eye towards continuously assessing and improving test coverage.
- Facilitate root cause analysis for production incidents, identify trends and weak points, suggest corrective actions, and help coordinate remediation.
How your role expectations will progress as a Quality Engineer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you'll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Apply technical learnings that align with the product roadmap to overall department and organizational goals that drive company initiatives forward.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations and software design sessions.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Guide the team's work so that it fits into the larger team and engineering group objectives.
- Produce and deliver clean, correct code that drives team and company tech goals forward.
- Improve efficiency in core systems and applications managed by the team and contribute to engineering group objectives.
What You'll Bring:
- 1-to-3 years' experience and knowledge of software quality principles for web and/or mobile applications.
- Ability to estimate testing effort - analyzing, testing, and evaluating business requirements.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, or Python.
- Familiarity of automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, or REST-assured is preferred.
- Knowledge of continuous integration principles and tools is preferred.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with proven ability to multi-task.
- A passion for learning new technologies and building positive working relationships with development engineers.
- An intrinsic desire for the constant improvement in quality of products and uncovering hard to find scenarios.
- Attention to detail, curiosity, and customer focused mindset.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks