Quality Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
From the outset of the project, project leads, in collaboration with the other stakeholders and management, devises the quality engineering objectives, organizational quality engineering policies, and quality engineering strategies for the project.
- Leads, guides, and participates in the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of the scenarios, procedures, and QE suites. Ensures content and structure of all QE documents/artifacts are documented and maintained. Liaises with Development and Testers for iterations, testing, and deployment activities. Assists in the preparation of System, Integration, and User Acceptance Tests. Ensures proper configuration management of the QE artifacts produced and traceability of the tests to the requirements. Recognizes when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort. As test execution approaches, ensures the test environment is ready before test execution and managed during test execution. Schedules the tests for execution and monitors, measures, controls, and reports on the test progress, the product quality status, and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Assists in preparing agendas for meetings (e.g., weekly team meeting, etc.). Frequent status-check meetings with the team, communicates by means of chat/emails, etc. Reports on quality engineering activities, including results, coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc. Attends the regular QE team meetings.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods
- ISTQB Foundation
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Payment Services
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams, utilizing Agile delivery methods
- ISTQB Intermediate
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.