Quality Engineering Manager (DevOps)
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
In collaboration with our Development, Testing, Architecture and Infrastructure groups, the successful candidate will drive and deliver automated software delivery practices targeting fully automated delivery from development to production.
As part of this role you will be the go-to person for all aspects of continuous delivery practices in Discover’s Digital Wallets. This is an opportunity to play a key part in the future direction of software delivery at Discover.
The person is responsible for coordinating the testing efforts of one or more large projects. Assists in the establishment of standards and processes that Test Leads should follow to manage their areas of responsibilities. Drives product quality and promotes practices to improve productivity and enable quality at the team level.
- Leading at eam of DevOps Engineers working directly with Development teams and Infrastructure teams.
- Working with Scrum Teams to design and implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Working with infrastructure teams to design and implement fully automated environments.
- Driving the migration from physical/virtual servers to a cloud based environment.
- Developing and implementing standard automation patterns based on industry best practice.
- Designing and developing shared libraries to standardise and facilitate continuous delivery implementation.
- Maintaining and Monitoring CI/CD pipelines.
- Providing automated solutions for monitoring and dashboarding.
- Assists in the provision of solutions for problem prevention through regular analysis of metrics to identify and assist in the implementation of improvements to defined processes and procedures.
- Manages quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
- Attends weekly team meetings of projects/programs and provides input from the testers’ perspective.
- Drives for quality, ensures quality is built in from the start via establishing acceptance criteria, defines quality gates, stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, and works with Senior Management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Provides leadership support to the testing team, ensuring team cohesion through regular team meetings, 1:1s, the dissemination of pertinent information, and assists in the forecasting of staffing required to support future workload.
Our Tech Stack:
DevOps: Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
Languages: Java, AngularJS, React, Node.js, Python, shell script
Hadoop: Horton Works, Spark, Storm, EMR, Hbase
Queueing: RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis
IaaS/PaaS: PCF, OpenShift, VMware
Data Storage: Oracle, MariaDB, MySQL, Gemfire, Hbase, MongoDB
Test Frameworks: Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, WireMock
Cloud: AWS, EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, ECS, Lambda, nginx
Middleware: Tomcat, Websphere, Autosys
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in software testing, Agile, or related field
- ISTQB Foundation
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software testing, Agile, or related field
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- Software development background (programming, testing, software engineering)
- Experience of managing a team of engineers
- Experience of modern Linux-based platforms, VMs and Cloud environments
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of working in an Agile team (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experience of working with Agile tooling (Jira, Rally)
- Experience of implementing CI/CD pipelines in e.g. Jenkins DSL, GitLab CI
- Experience of a configuration management tool e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Experience of using a cloud platform e.g. Cloud Foundry, PCF, Kubernetes, Docker
- Exposure to a Git repo manager e.g. GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
- Exposure to AWS (EC2/S3/EMR/ELB/EBS/ECS/RDS/Lambda)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.