Quality Engineering Manager at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Quality is everyone’s responsibility at p44. The Quality group is part of the Engineering Operations organization and works hand in hand with the SRE and Engineering Productivity teams. They are the center of gravity for driving operational maturity excellence.
The Quality Engineering manager will manage a global team to help us mature our test automation efforts across the entire p44 platform. We follow an embedded model where Quality engineers are directly supporting one or multiple engineering teams. The Quality engineering manager will own the delivery of test automation tools and strategy and always looking to optimize Engineering productivity.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering Operations. We are looking for an individual who has led Quality teams before and takes pride in the quality of their work.
- Create the team's roadmap and own the execution
- Write team's quarterly OKRs and manage the team's priorities
- Drive improvements to test framework architecture and test coverage.
- Collaborate across Product & Engineering to shift testing earlier into the SDLC
- Drive adoption of best practices in code quality, testing, maintainability, and reliability
- Track gaps, quality, and productivity metrics. Use this data to improve these gaps with engineering teams and your team
- Help engineers grow their skills and experience
- Keep regular syncs with all members
- Strong sense of ownership, and drive
- Grow a global team
- Play an influential role in growing project44 to the industry leader in technology
Requirements & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the Quality Engineering field
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of SDET or Quality engineers
- Strong experience defining high-level test automation strategy
- Strong experience driving organizational changes with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong experience developing in Java and Python
- Strong experience using Git
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration systems
- Strong experience with UI, API, & Mobile test automation tools
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- Passionate about developer tools and shipping high-quality software
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.