If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions Brazil
The Radio Systems Engineer develops, designs, evaluates, and/or modifies systems consistent with customer and regulatory requirements. Develops system architecture, and ensures the integrity of the architecture/design.
The Radio System Engineer work in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the P25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks. The Radio System Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects of assigned project from award until system acceptance.
- Final Design and implementation of the radio network including infrastructure, subscribers, and mobile backhaul
- Customer presentations
- System staging
- System acceptance testing
- Radio coverage testing and interference mitigation
- Radio system licensing
- Preparation of system fleet map, encryption and radio programming templates
- Complete system documentation
- Live system upgrades
- Experience/knowledge in radio communication systems, radio propagation, RF, wireless or broadband/LTE
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting
- Telecom Networks CCNA or similar
- Experience directly working with end-user customers is desirable
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to nontechnical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment
- Previous knowledge and experience working with Telecom Infrastructure, Electrical, RF, tower and structured cabling;
- Experience with switching and routing protocols
- Experience/knowledge in line of sight microwave propagation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical or Telecommunications completed or related areas (CREA
- 5 years experience in technical support and implementation of systems in the RF area (mandatory);
- 5 years experience in APCO25, DMR and DIMETRA Technologies;
- Knowledge in Telecom Infrastructure, Electrical, RF, tower and structured cabling;
- Knowledge in Telecom networks (desirable CCNA or equivalent knowledge); Configuration of operating systems
- (Unix, Linux and Windows Server) and Installation and Maintenance of Servers; Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word,
- Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Presentation);
- ITIL certification, CompTIA Network+ or CCNA certification.
- Behavioral skills: excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, interpersonal skills, initiative, sense of urgency, dynamism, planning and organization;
- Valid drivers license (Category B)
- Availability for travel (25 to 50% of the time)
- Fluent in English / Portuguese
- Operational Base in Belo Horizonte, State of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Position TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes