Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
A Rails developer at Visibly is required to architect, prototype, build, test, and deploy new features and functionality for our online eye exam and vision care platform. You will work across our software development stack to implement new eye tests, interfaces, APIs, and infrastructure, and be expected to implement code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you'll contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product and management teams.
All levels (e.g. junior, mid, senior) are welcome to apply. The team will evaluate your level and compensation package as part of the hiring process.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- Experience with ReactJS, or the ability to learn quickly
- You have a passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience with Node.js and web sockets
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Option to enroll in health insurance medical, dental and vision programs for full-time employees, with portion of premium subsidized by the company
- Options to enroll in Health Saving Account, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Free eye prescriptions from our system
- Option to enroll in company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.