Reagent Quality Control Technologist at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking to build a laboratory team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data.
- Work within a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume next-generation sequencing clinical laboratory.
- Document all results and findings in order to satisfy CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH requirements.
- Report significant reagent findings/deviations and system deficiencies to lab management, as appropriate.
- Help create and implement new reagent acceptability criteria for use by Tempus R&D and clinical lab staff.
- Update SOPs within document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- Create and review reagent acceptability criteria and probe lot validations.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to prioritize QC tasks.
- Help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Maintain reagent qualification records and manage quality control of reagent inventory.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science.
- Prefer 1 year previous experience in molecular lab or with laboratory liquid handlers.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Previous experience in a clinical lab regulated by CAP/ CLIA/ NYS highly desirable.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer