Store Code: Technology Innovation (27499)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
PDL is looking for a Release Engineer – an experienced technologist and strategic partner to the application development, quality, operations, DevOps, automation, security, and infrastructure teams. The Release Engineer will oversee the entire release lifecycle that takes a feature from initial idea to adoption by our customers in production for specific set of applications. This role will work with Product Development, Engineering and key stakeholders across specific set of applications to ensure on-time delivery and coordinate cross-departmental readiness for brand partners, business stakeholder, sales, marketing, implementation, training, and support.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Iterate on existing release processes and tools to improve release cadences in support of business demands
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Business Go/No-Go Reviews
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and with great quality
- Proactively manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, reliability, and stability
- Provide contextual judgement and use data to drive tough decisions
- Monitor and provide regular release health status reports to executive leadership team
- Communicate status of releases, and any changes in plan/scope effectively across all cross functional groups
- Ensure quality, compliancy, and privacy standards are upheld cross-functionally
- Be a vocal advocate for our customers’ experiences
- Passionate about building an excellent software release engineering process
- Passionate about leveraging automation to improve test coverage and reduce time to market.
- Responsible for partnering and contributing to the CI/CD maturity journey of the engineering organization
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies across the engineering organization
- Partner closely with Development, Security, Quality, Operations and Product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability and business-continuity objectives on our overall roadmap
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex quality, automation and reliability challenges with software release process.
- Experience working cross-functionally with distributed teams that have differing business priorities in a high velocity environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and convey messages to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and experience utilizing tools to visualize trends and key metric monitoring
- Experience making critical decisions for complex technical issues in real-time, considering timelines and urgency
- Strong working knowledge of modern, continuous development techniques and pipelines (Agile, Kanban, CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory) and distributed applications at scale in public cloud (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience in JIRA is a plus
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented
- Follow the Agile (more specifically Scrum) working methodologies
- Collaborate with team members from Product, Development, QA, Security and Ops
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 206103_external_USA-IL-Chicago